Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I thought it was supposed to be spring - anyone for skating

Well it appears that mother nature is going to make sure that the month of March is interesting. We have had huge snow storms and now the weatherman is predicting freezing rain right up to Thursday where it apparently will turn into snow flurries.

It started raining about noon and by the time 3 pm rolled around it had turned into ice pellets and when I got up this morning I have a driveway that the only way anyone will get in or out is if they are wearing ice skates. The windows are totally glazed over with ice and we cannot even see out of them and I guess we won't have any of it melting because we are under overcast skies, wind and the temperature is still below freezing. As I type this the freezing rain has stopped for now. The schools out here are all closed so the kids are getting extra March break days.

The worst part is that our outdoor boiler that heats the house went out sometime during the night and I don't know how we are going to be able to get it going again. Walking is precarious, thank goodness we do have a small wood stove in the house that we can use to add some warmth to the house, we also have a heater attachment that fits onto a propane tank and it helps warm things up inside too.






Well today is definitely going to be a day to stay bundled up on the couch working on some of my knitting and crochet projects. The fun part will be keeping the mooches aka Phoebe and Anya away when I decide to have lunch.

No comments: