Thursday, March 26, 2009

I learned how to make a Granny Square and Now It's Snow

Well believe it or not I have crocheted since well lets just say a long time like 40+ years and I have never learned how to do a granny square. LOL Well someone on my crochet partners yahoo group posted the most gorgeous picture of an afghan that was just one big granny square done in different colors. I got lots of help and suggestions for sites to check out on how to crochet a granny square. Well I did it, frogged the sucker 6 times but now I am well on my way to making my very first ever big granny square afghan. My stepson and his wife had twins in October 08 and for the first time ever I did not have an afghan crocheted and ready for the arrival of a grandchild well in this case grandchildren. The one I have started now will be for Arja and then I will start another for Ty and will use some blues and greens for the boy, better late than never I guess.



Well the freezing rain has finally stopped and now we are getting snow flurries. I guess Mother Nature missed that when March comes in like a lion it is supposed to go out like a lamb. I think the lion must have ate the lamb this year. LOL




Even Zeus the Rottie Cross doesn't want to be outside too much this week with all this crazy weather.

Besides hockey I also love Curling and Figure Skating, and with all this crazy weather I have been able to snuggle up on the couch and work on my different projects and get my fill of all three sports.

No comments: