Monday, April 20, 2009

If this is Spring I'll Pass









Here are some pictures of what hubby and I woke up to this morning. It started snowing around 7 pm last night and the weatherman is saying that mother nature is going to continue with this snow for the rest of today and part of tomorrow.

Has been a really busy week and our oldest son was admitted to the hospital with viral pneumonia, strep throat and they are waiting for the results of his spinal tap.

Madison absolutely loved her owl hat and purse that I got knit up for her birthday. Here are a couple of pics of her wearing them.


We had a great Easter weekend with the kids and they had a blast finding their eggs and stuff that Shaun had hidden around the loft. Madison's were all pastel pinks, yellows, purples and Dylan's were footballs, baseballs, soccer balls.

I finally figured out the Owl Pattern in straight knitting to make a matching scarf and as soon as I get all my scribbles written up will post the pattern and a picture. The scarf pattern is a tad wider than I expected but that is because I added a 5 stitch border on each side and 4 owls in between. The Owl pattern is done over 11 stitches and 18 rows so the possibilities are endless for incorporating it into a pattern for scarves, sweaters, headbands etc.etc. The only limit is your imagination. When I went to the bead store the beads or beans as Madison calls them are sold in hanks, so I have lots of beads for the eyes on the scarf.

I just finished test knitting a dishcloth for one of the ladies on Rachel's yahoo group. I love cables and my grand daughter Hunter decided that this one looked like a tree.


Well since the weather outside is dreadful, I am going to do my daily walk inside the house and get to work on some of my knitting and crocheting projects. Is a good day to relax.

Hope everyone is having better weather than we are.

5 comments:

sailorcross said...

WOW!! I was hoping your snow was finished, but I guess old man winter decided to make a last hurrah!!

I definitely could USE a snow day to catch up on some things!!

Love the owl hat and bag--I saw them the other day when I visited you. I wanted to leave a comment, but Blogger decided not to let me leave comments anywhere!!

The dishcloth looks awesome--love cables!!

Beth

Dorothy Noreen Hunter-Talbot said...

Thanks Beth, the snow finally stopped this morning but it is as windy as all get out now. I cannot believe what mother nature is doing to us this year.

moominmamma said...

Did you ever post your straight owls pattern? I couldn't find it here. I'd love to see it! Thanks, Miranda

Dorothy Noreen Hunter-Talbot said...

Yes Miranda I did, the link to the pdf folder is on the left hand side of the blog. If that doesn't work for you if you give me your email I can send it to you

moominmamma said...

Thanks for the pointer! ... Miranda