Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sunshine & Knitting

Well after getting 3 Celcius yesterday, it warmed up today and the sun came out at least until supper time, now we are supposed to be getting rain but sun and warmer temperatures over the weekend. I actually had a day to myself, and got to not only finish off a couple of my dishcloths. Waffle Knit - a pattern that I found at Homespun Living.
and another lovely pattern from Harvest Moon called Every Day, Any Day.


I was able to start the swatch for an upcoming shawl knit along called Mystic Meadows. The yarn I bought is very different to what I am used to working with, is a fingering weight, wool and silk mix. The colors are bright and varied, everything I would consider seeing in a field full of blooming flowers. I can't wait till we receive our pattern on June 1st. Only six days till we leave for our vacation/visit with my sister in Ajax. The hardest part will not be having access to my computer. Hopefully I have copied all the files to disc that I need to take with me. Yesterday my granddaughter and I spent time making things for Father's Day, it just boggles my mind that with her only being 5 years old, she knew we had to work on things because I won't be here in June to help her make something. She is just way too smart for her own good. Today was her mom's day off work as well as her day to go to school. Her mom is back to work tomorrow so it will be interesting to see what ideas she comes up with for making something. My other grand daughter's love doing crafts as well and were thrilled on the weekend when they saw the box full of beads and buttons and all kinds of interesting things to make crafts, there is nothing quite as special as receiving a gift made with the love of a child.

I have finally narrowed down my pattern choices for baby afghans to 6, have my yarn and with now knowing that my daughter in law is expecting twins, I am really going to have to get busy making two of everything.

No comments: