Monday, January 12, 2009

Oh My Goodness It's My Birthday

Well I still cannot believe that hubby, Kathy, Danny, Hunter & Daniel planned and pulled off a surprise birthday dinner for me yesterday. I did not clue in to what they were doing until I went out in the kitchen to get a coffee and got told to get the heck out of the kitchen. LOL

My daughter in law Laura had come over to show me the scarf she had knitted - it is her first completed project since I started teaching her and the grand daughters how to knit using regular needles. The girls are still using their looms but are getting old enough now to start teaching them how to use knitting needles. Laura arrived before Kathy, Danny, Hunter and Daniel did so they were able to sneak everything into the house without me even noticing because I was busy with Laura. Her scarf turned out lovely and when she went home she used some more of the yarn and made a hat with a pom pom on it. I only have a picture of the scarf.


Laura and David's daughter Trinity is on a horse kick right now, I found a washcloth pattern called Giddyup and finally finished it yesterday for Trinity.


My surprise dinner was lots of fun and here are all my pictures.







I hope that everyone has a great day just like I am.

3 comments:

sailorcross said...

How did I miss this great event??

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NOREEN!!!

I'm so glad they were able to pull of this surprise for you!! After the year you all have had, everyone needed a good time and some fun!!

Laura's scarf is beautiful, too!!

Beth

Maggie R said...

Happy Belated birthday..and hi to a fellow Canadadian...
I see you are in Thunder Bat..
I am in Ingersoll..
\Lots of snow this winter eh?? Guess it is going to rain for a few days now!GEEZE Can't make up it's mind!!!!
xoox
((((hugs))))
Maggie

Dorothy Noreen Hunter-Talbot said...

Thanks Maggie, yes the weather sure has been awful this year. Now it looks like we are going to get rain instead of snow LOL

Noreen