Saturday, November 1, 2008

Never A Dull Moment

It has been ages since I have had the time to post anything on my blog. Dave & Laura's twins arrived naturally on October 12, 2008 so they decided to throw everyone's Thanksgiving plans out of wack. Arja was born first at 7:53 am and weighed 6 pounds 1 1/2 ounces, Ty arrived at 8:13 am and weighed 5 pounds 5 ounces. Ty was having some respiratory issues so spent Sunday and Monday morning in the NICU. On Monday afternoon Laura and the twins were moved into a private room and the doctor allowed everyone to come home Tuesday late in the afternoon.Grandma and Grandpa went sort of crazy with snapping pictures and there are about 50+ on my flickr page.

I cannot believe it has been two weeks already since they were born and I got a few pictures yesterday of everyone getting ready to go trick or treating. Unfortunately Aliza went to her friend Nicoles right from school and then they all met up in town so I wasn't able to get any pictures of Aliza and Nicole. I told them that they had to dress up again today just so I could have some pictures, so hopefully they will.

Kathy and I took Hunter, Daniel, Madison and Dylan trick or treating and we all had a great time - I think Kathy and I are still in shock over all the goodies the kids got. Now for the good part all the pictures LOL








Unfortunately after working in construction and roofing for 13 years our youngest son Shaun had an accident and fell off the roof, all because of a patch of frost on the spot he stepped on as he was setting everything up to start shingling. He was finally allowed to come home yesterday after being in the hospital since October 16th and he will never be able to go through security at the airport without setting off the alarms. They were able to put his shattered ankle and broken leg and foot together. Three surgeries later he has 3 plates, 2 leg posts, 13 skrews and skin grafts. The surgeon said it was like putting pieces of a jigsaw puzzle together. He is in what they call a soft half cast wrapped with sterile gauze and has to go back to the fracture clinic in two weeks to have all the staples removed and depending on how well the skin grafts have healed he may then be put into a regular cast. The surgeon said it will be at least 3 months before he will be allowed to put any weight on his leg and then he will have to start physio therapy. I thank God every day that it wasn't worse. There are pictures on my flickr page, don't want to post any here in case some people have weak stomachs when it comes to that type of picture.

I did manage to somehow finish my Pugs hand towel as well as one of the cloths for the sets I am making for all the Grand kids for Christmas. Hopefully now that everything is back to normal I will be able to catch up on all my Christmas projects. I am hoping to find some extra time to write up the Pug hand towel pattern and add it to my design list in case anyone would like to knit one.



Daniel's birthday is November 6th, so I am working on an easy ripple afghan in Patons Decor Rich Blues Color. I also got some Patons Decor in Florals and am going to use a pattern called Stepping Stones to make one for Hunter for Christmas.

For anyone who belongs to Ravelry the Irish Hiking patterns are gorgeous and I am hoping to find enough time to make all my grand kids Hat and Scarf sets for Christmas and maybe even leg warmers for the girls and mittens too.

I guess I need to close for now as I need to find a pattern to knit some toe/cast socks for Shaun so if he decides to go out he won't freeze it poor toes off.

2 comments:

sailorcross said...

I'm so glad to hear that Shaun is home and improving!!! Thank God that his injuries weren't even worse than they were!!

And the grandkids pictures--so cute in their costumes!!

I hope that you're hanging in there with all this going on!! I've been thinking about you and praying for you. I wanted to send you an e-mail, but I thought you would probably be too busy to even read it!!

Just know that you were and will continue to be in my prayers and thoughts.

Beth

Dorothy Noreen Hunter-Talbot said...

Thanks Beth, now that Shaun is home things will pretty much be back to normal so that Norm & I don't have babysit Dylan and Madison every day. They are both so glad that their dad is home from the hospital and takes a ton of stress off my daughter in law as well.

I am so far behind on my emails that I think I am just going to have to hit the delete button to catch up and hope I don't miss anything important.