Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Wonderful Visit and Day

Well the day started off with the sun shining brightly and temp going up to 25 celcius and a nice breeze blowing. Grandkids arrived around 6:45 am so we had breakfast and watched some cartoons. I managed to get another box of yarn sorted out and put away in the shelves as well as throw in a load of laundry. Hubby tidied up a bit in the bathroom and kitchen.

Madison finished her Bee Craft that we were working on when grandma was babysitting on Sunday. Thank goodness Grandma keeps a good supply of crafts because we had no power on Sunday from 4 am to 2 pm and it also rained all day. She is very pleased with her finished work.


Then Rachel, Rick, Kaylee and Luke arrived for a visit and we had a great time. Rachel taught me how to block my cloths so that I can get better pictures and explained lots about how to graph different patterns for knitting. Now when I knit up her gorgeous patterns I will be able to get really good pictures. She has beautiful patterns for sale at http://www.knitsbyrachel.com/ and lots of great information and links at http://rachelsknittingcorner.blogspot.com/



It was absolutely wonderful to meet Rachel and her family, it is just great to be able to put a face to the person on the other computer. Hopefully the next visit will be longer, they still had to go and get their grocery shopping done.

1 comment:

Shirl said...

My friend
Your knitting is gorgeous and my word Rachel is beautiful, thank you for the photo, now I know what the wonderful designer Rachel looks like. She truly is a world class designer and Noreen, I love reading your blog, always so interesting.
Hugs and blessings
Shirley